IPTI MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
Membership is open to all who are qualified to engage in the professional practise of Health, Fitness, Beauty, Alternative and Complementary therapies. Applicants need to be able to demonstrate that their qualifications comply with national or state regulations to practise and/or that they possess qualifications awarded by independent examination boards whose training syllabuses are approved by IPTI.
Examples of organisations whose qualifications are acceptable are :- ITEC, IHBC, VTCT, CIBTAC, CIDESCO, CITY & GUILDS, NVQs, SQAs etc. Internally awarded qualifications from individual schools & other training establishments can be accepted if the training syllabus has been validated by IPTI as practitioner status.
MEMBERSHIP AND POLICY RENEWAL DATE
Membership and insurance with IPTI is renewable annually on 1st March each year for all members, for therapists joining part way through the insurance year fees are reduced on a quarterly basis. Please call us on 01777 700383/703177, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for the reduced rates applicable from June onwards!
THE IPTI INSURANCE POLICY
All members resident in UK – including Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and the Orkney Isles, are able to apply for the Malpractice Policy with Public & Product Liability. The policy is underwritten by Novae Underwriting Limited underwriting for certain underwriters at Lloyd's and provides indemnity against claims arising from non-medical treatments performed by members who possess approved qualifications in treatments specified in the IPTI treatment list. The policy is a ‘Claims-Made’ insurance covering only claims made during the period of insurance.
This group insurance scheme has been organised by IPTI through DSC Insurance Services. The scheme is a way of providing low cost insurance designed to meet the needs of our members. This is a group scheme where individual policies are issued to participating members, and as such there is a single renewal date occurring on 1st March each year – The policy renewal date remains the same irrespective of the date a member joins the scheme.
Cover can be taken out at either £1 million or £2 million indemnity, the standard cover covers all therapies/treatments shown on lists 1, 2 & 3 of the approved treatment list. Therapies on list 4 are subject to the payment of an additional premium. All risks cover for equipment & products appertaining to the insured therapies can also be arranged for the payment of an additional premium.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF THE IPTI POLICY
- The IPTI policy offers cover for over 300 different therapies, if a members is qualified in a multitude of therapies, these can all be covered for the payment of the one premium.
- The IPTI policy includes cover for teaching workshops and practitioner level courses, provided that the member is an individual practitioner/tutor only, holds a teaching qualification and is qualified in the therapy being taught.
- The IPTI policy includes cover for working abroad (except for the USA & Canada) for up to 30 days per year at no extra cost, cover for longer trips can be considered upon receipt of full details and payment of any additional premium that may be charged. In order to be covered you must inform the IPTI office of your destination and travel dates, prior to your trip.
- Cover can be included for case study work when members are training in a new therapy, this attracts an additional payment of £10.00 as the training has to be registered and monitored by IPTI. Upon successful completion of the training the new therapy is added to the member’s insurance cover at no extra cost.
- In addition to a members normal line of work the IPTI policy also covers for exhibitions, trade fairs, lectures, demonstrations and voluntary work.
- An increased Public & Products Liability limit of £5 million is available for members who lease or operate in a third party premises, where the third party requires such a limit, this option attracts an additional premium.
- Therapists living and working in the London area will be aware of the need to purchase a Special Treatments Licence from your local Borough Licencing Department at a cost of up to £400.00. IPTI has negotiated exemption from licencing for members practicing many therapies, across most London Boroughs
FOR PRICES AND APPLICATION FORM PLEASE CLICK HERE